Church of the Sacred Heart

The church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, of Puerto Varas, was declared a National Monument for its architecture of neo-Romanesque style and is built entirely of native wood. It was built between 1915 and 1918 by Edmundo Niklitschek with Bernardo Klenner. Its architecture was inspired by the Marienkirche Church of the Black Forest, Germany, thus constituting a symbol of German colonization in southern Chile.

La iglesia del Sagrado Corazón de Jesús, de Puerto Varas, fue declarada Monumento Nacional, su arquitectura es de estilo neo-románico y está construida totalmente de madera nativa.
Address
Casa del Turista - Piedraplen s/n (Costanera)
Phone
+652237956
Web
http://www.puertovaras.org
E-Mail
casaturdigital@gmail.com